TIPS FOR STRESS-FREE WEDDING PREPARATION
Let’s be honest: planning a summer wedding isn’t easy. As well as figuring out a venue, which vendors to use and who to invite, you’re also working with a variety of different people and personalities, so things can get stressful.
However, there are steps you can take to minimise pre-wedding stress so that you arrive without bitten nails and a tired look in your eye. We’ve listed some tips to help you stay on top of your wedding preparation, so that you enjoy every second.
Staying on top of your planning and being as organised as you can helps take the stress out of the planning process. Here are some things you can do to help stay organised:
- List everything: key dates, blackout dates, guest figures, costs.
- Gather all your paperwork, from your guest list to vendor quotes. Having all your papers in one location will make sure you don’t overlook anything.
- Use a spreadsheet to help you keep on top of your wedding budget.
ASK FOR HELP
There is no need for you to take on all the wedding planning single-handedly. Instead, delegate! Your family and friends no doubt want to help, so let them. They’ll feel more involved in the proceedings, and you’ll earn a much-needed break.
And if you have a family member or friend who has a talent, consider employing those talents for your wedding. This way, you not only honour your loved one, but you also save yourself some stress by cutting down on costs.
USE PLANNING AS A CATCH UP WITH FRIENDS
Don’t think viewing venues has to be a slog, it can be an exciting day out with your closest friends.
If you’ve taken the day off work to cram in several wedding locations, you’ll no doubt be left feeling a little sore on your feet. So why not grab your closest girlfriends and deliberate on your options during a massage or facial?
START BEAUTY PREPARATIONS IN ADVANCE
Certain things need to wait until the day of the ceremony, such as hair and most of the makeup application, but there are things you can do beforehand to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible:
- Make gel manicures and pedicures part of your bridal shower—taking care of your nails beforehand will bypass any smudged nail polish drama on the day!
- Eliminate the need for mascara by getting eyelash extensions for long, voluminous lashes.
- Have your eyebrows tinted the weekend before the wedding—brows frame the face and will mean you can get away with less makeup.
- Get any waxing done in the days leading up the wedding—don’t wait to have a rushed shave on your big day, as you’re more likely to cut yourself or cause a rash.
- If you plan on using a fake tan to look the part of the summer bride, consider trialling a few before your dress fitting—that way, you can figure out if you’d prefer to go darker or lighter. Don’t forget to exfoliate and moisturise prior to application, to ensure a smooth sun-kissed glow.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
It’s easy when you’re running around making plans to forget to take care of yourself, but this is an essential step if you want to avoid stress.
One of the best ways to take care of yourself is to develop a simple exercise routine. Exercise has a positive impact not just psychologically but also emotionally, so whether you take a long walk each day or take up swimming, tennis, or yoga, the stress-busting endorphins that are released when you work out are bound to leave you feeling like you’re on cloud nine.
REMEMBER WHY YOU’RE DOING IT!
When things are at their most stressful it’s easy to feel the pressure. If you feel this happening, take the time to remember the reason why you’re getting married in the first place—your partner.
By keeping on top of your planning, involving your loved ones, and doing as much prep as you can beforehand, you’ll have a summer wedding that you’ll enjoy the preparation of, just as much as the occasion itself.
For any pre-wedding massages, manicures, or facials, Spa Experience has you covered! We have a variety of pampering services that will relax you and your bridal shower guests.